- While the world returns were fairly flat last week (-0-8%), Europe was down over 4%.
- Small Growth leads all US styles up 20.1%. Large Value is the worst performing style up 5.5%.
- The S&P 500 is up 6.7% YTD after a flat holiday week. Dow Transports are up 19.0% YTD.
- Eight of the ten US sectors are positive for the year, with Utilities (-1.4%) and Healthcare (-2.5%) down. Consumer Discretion leads all sectors up 21.9%.
- Emerging Markets continue to dominate the world stock markets with Peru, Indonesia and Argentina at the top of countries we follow.
- Silver is up 62% this year, gold up 25%, and oil up 4.9%. The CRB Index is up 6.3% for the year.
- Suddenly the US Dollar does not look so desperate. Much of the dollar concern is overblown in our opinion.
To view this week's complete Weekly World Wrap, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.