Over the past week, we saw the following actions take place in global markets:
- The US has performed very well in recent weeks versus emerging market countries as the dollar has rallied. The S&P 500 now trails Emerging Markets by less than 3% for the year. The World now leads the World Ex-US by over 1% for the year.
- US Small Growth leads all styles up 24.2% for the year, while Large Value is the worst performer up 8.9%.
- It was a great week for the US markets with most up 3% or more. The Semiconductor Index is up 18.1% this quarter.
- Basic Materials, Energy, and Financials were all up at least 5% last week. Consumer Discretion remains the top sector up 25.3% for the year.
- Peru leads all countries we follow up 53.7% for the year. Greece remains at the bottom down -32.3% for the year.
To read this week's complete Weekly World Wrap, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.