After last week's market actions, here's where a few things stand:
- The MSCI US was up almost 5% last week, while The World was up only 2.5%. However, the US is still down a little over 6% for the year, with The World down 10% and The World x US down 12.7%.
- Russia continues to lead the BRICs over the last one year up 11.2%.
- Looking to the G7 Countries, Germany and Italy remain at the bottom for the year, returning -16.9% and -20.6%, respectively, while the US leads the group down the least at -6.3% year-to-date.
- Small and Mid Caps, which were both up 6.1% last week, strongly outperformed Large Caps, which were up only 4.7% for the week.
- As for the sectors, the defensive groups of Consumer Staples, Healthcare and Utilities are the only sectors currently up for the year.
Also, here's a snapshot of where the major asset classes stand over the last one year.
Click image to view larger chart. Data from Thomson Reuters.
Click here to view today's complete World Wrap report.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.