After last week's tumultuous market actions, here are a few trends that we have taken note of:
- No asset class is up over 10% in the last one year.
- International stocks are down about 13% over the last one year, and they are down around 20% this year alone.
- The US is up 1.4% over the last one year, but is down 9.5% year-to-date.
- Latin America and Emerging Europe are down over 27% this year.
- It feels good in Jamaica right now, as their stock market is up over 23% this year.
- Energy was down over 11% last week, and Basic Materials were down around 12%. This places Energy down about 13% for the year, with Basic Materials down around 20% in 2011.
Click here to view today's complete World Wrap report.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.