As the third quarter came to a close on Friday, here are a few of the trends across global markets that we've taken note of:
- Of the 5 major asset classes, only Fixed Income has a positive return for the year.
- The World stock markets ended the quarter miserably on Friday, as The World Index is now down 15% year-to-date.
- The US is holding up better than any other G7 country, down "only" 10% for the year.
- The BRICs are all down more than 25% so far this year.
- Of the 10 US Sectors, only 3 are positive for the year - Utilities (7.2%), Consumer Staples (1.0%) and Healthcare (0.8%).
- Financials are down 26% this year, and Basic Materials are down 23% year-to-date.
It is a tough, tough market that ended the quarter disastrously.
Click here to view today's complete World Wrap.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.