After last week's market actions, here are a few of the trends that we've noticed:
- The World was down 3.8% last week, with the US down 2.4% and The World x US down 4.8%. That leaves the US basically flat for the year now.
- International Stocks are currently the only major asset class (of the 5 we follow) with a negative total return over the last one year.
- While the US is now slightly negative for the year, every other major world region is down over 10% so far this year.
- The US is leading all G7 Countries for the year with 5 out of the 7 countries down more than 10% year-to-date.
- Half of the US Sectors are up in the 4-5% range for the year, while Basic Materials (-8.0%) and Financials (-16.8%) are lagging far behind.
- The US is in the top five performing countries for the year and over the last one year.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read today's World Wrap. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.