After last week's market actions, here are a few highlights that we have taken note of:
- Over the last 12 months, the US is up 4.2%, Emerging Markets are down -14.7%, and The World x US is down -11.5%.
- The US is currently the only region of the world that is holding on to a positive return year-to-date and over the last one year.
- Most countries remain down in the low-to-mid teens this year.
- Russia continues to be the leader of the BRICs down -11.6% this year and -4.4% over the last 12 months.
- Jamaica is currently leading the countries that we track up 33.1% so far this year.
- Four US sectors are down for the year (Industrials: -3.4%, Telecom: -2.0%, Basic Materials: -7.8%, and Financials: -17.2%), five sectors are up between 4-8% for the year (Energy, Consumer Staples, Consumer Discretion, Healthcare, and Technology), and Utilities are up 12% this year.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read today's World Wrap. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.