Last week was once again rough for stock markets around the world. Here are a few of the highlights:
- The World was down 5.3% last week, the US was down 4.7%, and The World x US was down 5.8%.
- The World x US (ACWI x US) is now down over 20% for the year.
- Every major world region we track is down 20% or more for the year, except for the US, which is currently down 7.9% year-to-date.
- So far this year, Germany is down 24%, Italy is down 30%, France is down 25%, India is down almost 36%, and China is down around 24%.
- In the US, Small Caps were down 7.1% last week, while Large Caps were down 4.7%.
- After last week's down market, only 3 US Sectors remain positive for the year: Utilities (+5.9%), Consumer Staples (+2.8%) and Healthcare (+0.2%).
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read today's World Wrap. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.