Last week was a big week for markets around the globe. Here are a few of the highlights that we've taken note of:
- International Stocks remain the only major asset class down over the last one year (based on total return).
- After a huge week up 7.4%, the US is now down 1.1% for the year.
- Developed Europe had a great week last week up 10%, while Emerging Europe is was up 9.4%.
- Germany and Italy were both up 12% last week; however, Europe remains down in the teens for the year.
- For US Sectors, Energy was up 10% last week and Financials were up 9.5%. However, Financials are still down over 19% for 2011.
- US Small Caps were up 10.1% last week, with Large Caps up 7.4% and Mid Caps up 8.5%.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read today's World Wrap. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.