Last week was a big week for many markets around the globe:
- The World was up 3.1% last week, with the World x US up 4.0%. This brings both indices to a positive return around 5% so far for the year.
- It's very interesting to see Latin America up over 10% so far this year after languishing last year.
- It was a big week for the crisis countries, as Germany, France and Italy were all up over 6% last week.
- While the BRICs had a tough year in 2011, they're all up over 9% so far in 2012.
- Small and Mid Caps are up 5.7% and 5.9%, respectively, so far this year, while Large Caps are up 4.6%.
- Basic Materials (+9.4%), Financials (+8.9%) and Technology (+6.0%) have started the year as the top US Sectors - quite the opposite from last year's ending performance.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read today's World Wrap. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.