As the MSCI All-Country World Index (ACWI) ended last week up 1%, here are a few of the key trends that we've taken note of across global markets:
- The MSCI ACWI x US was up 1.8% last week, with the US up only 0.1%.
- Emerging Markets had a very strong week last week up 2.2%, which brings them to being up 10.9% so far this year.
- Germany, France and Italy have all had a strong start to the year each up over 6% year-to-date.
- The BRICs are performing extremely well so far in 2012 each up over 11% so far this year.
- Of the countries we follow, Jamaica is leading in the one year returns up 18.3%.
- The Dow Industrials had its first negative week of 2012 last week down 0.5%; however, the Dow Total Stock Market was up 0.4% last week and is up 5.2% so far this year.
- Basic Materials (11.0%), Financials (8.6%), and Industrials (7.7%) continue to lead the US Sectors for the year.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read today's World Wrap. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.