After last week's lackluster action across most markets, here's a few of the trends in global markets that we've taken note of:
- Many countries and regions around the globe were down last week; however, the World remains up 8.2% so far this year.
- India is the second best performing country that we track, up 25.4% this year, with Egypt leading the way, up 32.4% so far this year.
- Small Caps (+9.1%) and Mid Caps (+9.7%) continue to outperform Large Caps (+6.8%) in 2012.
- Financials (+11.9%), Technology (+11.8%), and Basic Materials (+10.8%) continue to lead the way for US sectors this year, while Consumer Staples (-0.1%), Telecom (-2.8%), and Utilities (-3.5%) are the biggest laggards.
- Gold and Silver have performed well this year, up 9.4% and 19.1%, respectively. Natural Gas, however, is not doing so hot down 15.8% this year and down 38.9% over the last one year.
- Despite the turmoil in Europe, the Euro is up 1.8% in 2012.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read today's World Wrap. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.