As we begin the ninth week of this year, here's a quick look at where global markets currently stand:
- The World has started 2012 up 10.8%, with the US up 9% and the World x US up 12.7%.
- Emerging Europe currently leads all regions this year up 24.2%, with Latin America in second up 18.1% and Asia in third up 12.8%.
- The G7 Countries are all up between 8-14% so far this year, with the exception of Germany, which is up over 20% year-to-date.
- India, Brazil and Russia are leading the BRICs in 2012 each up over 20%, while China is in last only up 16.6% for the year.
- In the US, Technology leads all sectors up 14.8% for the year, while Telecom and Utilities are currently negative for the year.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read today's World Wrap. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.