Over the last one year, Real Estate and Fixed Income lead the five major asset classes in total returns, while International Stocks are negative, which you can see in the chart below.
Click on the image above to view a larger chart.
A few of the other trends that we have taken note of across global markets include:
- Of the G7 Countries, only the US has a positive return over the last year (up 1.7%), with the UK in second down 5.3%.
- The BRICs are very big performers in 2012 each up over 16% year-to-date, with India leading the way up 30% so far this year.
- Emerging Europe (+19.7%), Latin America (+17.6%) and Asia (+12.2%) currently lead the world regions that we track for the year.
- Small and Mid Caps lead Large Caps for the year by a 3%+ margin.
- As we had hoped, 2011's US Sector leaders, the defensive Consumer Staples, Utilities and Telecom, are all at the bottom of 2012's US Sector returns, while Technology and Financials lead up over 13%. (See chart below.)
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read today's World Wrap. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.