The World was down almost 1% last week; however, the global index remains up 10% in 2012. Here are a few other key stats from around the globe:
- Emerging Markets were down 1.8% last week.
- International Stocks (+11.1%) continue to lead all major asset classes this year after their trough in 2011, with Emerging Europe (+21.9%) and Latin America (+16.2%) leading the comeback.
- Germany is up over 17% this year and leads the G7 Countries.
- Russia and India lead the BRICs, up over 23% this year.
- Egypt leads all countries we follow up just at 50% year-to-date.
- Technology leads all US Sectors in 2012, up 16%, with Financials (+14.3%) and Consumer Discretion (+12.4) in second and third.
- Utilities are the only US Sector with a negative return so far this year, down 3%.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read today's World Wrap. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.