Most markets around the globe were up last week as The World Index rose 2%. A few other highlights include:
- Both Emerging and Developed Europe were up 3% last week; however, the emerging countries are leading in 2012 up 25.6%, while the developed countries are up 12.5%.
- Germany countinues to lead the G7 Countries for the year as last week's gain of 4.2% leaves the country up 22.6% for the year.
- Russia is now up 27.6% in 2012 (leading the BRICs) after a 3.3% gain last week.
- Egypt continues to lead the coutries we track for the year, up 44.1%, despite being down 3.9% last week.
- The NASDAQ Composite continues to lead the way for the US indexes in 2012, up 17.3%, while the S&P 500 is up 11.7% for the year.
- Financials continue to lead the US Sectors up 21% for the year, with Technology, up 19.6%, close behind.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read today's World Wrap. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.