As the first quarter of the year has come to a close, world markets are up just over 11% year-to-date. Here are a few of the highlights from around the globe:
- The US is up 12.2% in 2012, with international stocks up 10.9%.
- Emerging markets are leading the world so far this year, up 13.6%, as Emerging Europe is up 18.1% and Latin America is up 14%.
- Germany continues to lead the G7 countries in 2012, up 20.5%.
- India is leading the BRICs this year, up 19.8%, with Russia close behind, up 18.5%.
- The NASDAQ Composite finished the quarter up a strong 18.7%.
- US mid-cap stocks are up 13.1% in 2012, with large-caps up 12% and small-caps up 11.7%.
- Financials are leading US sectors, up 21.5%, with Technology close behind, up 21.1%. Utilities are the only sector in negative territory for 2012, down 2.7%.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read today's World Wrap. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.