It was another down week last week for markets across the globe:
- The World was down 1.5% last week, with the US down 2% and the World x US down 1%.
- Emerging Europe remains atop the world regions that we track, up 15.1% year-to-date.
- It was a tough week for most G7s last week. Italy was down 5.5%, which makes it down 3.6% for 2012 and down 39.4% over the last one year.
- Kazakhstan and Egypt lead all markets we follow, up 34.5% and 32.7%, respectively, this year.
- The top three US sectors lead by a wide margin at the moment. Technology, Financials and Consumer Discretion are each up over 14% this year with the next best sector up 8%. Three sectors are negative for the year at this time - Energy, Telecom and Utilities.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read today's World Wrap. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.