In the chart below, you can see the relationship among the five major asset classes, and how while Real Estate has rallied this month, Commodites have really been struggling.
Some of the other highlights from last week's global market actions include:
- While the US was flat last week, Germany and the UK were up over 3% (despite the fact that most of this performance is being given back today).
- Russia, India and China have had a great year so far after huge down years last year. They are up 16.5%, 16.4% and 13.4%, respectively, year-to-date.
- Kenya has made the list of the Top 5 countries we follow in the fourth spot, up 25.4% so far this year.
- In the US, Financials and Technology continue to lead the sectors, both up over 16% for the year.
- As for the style boxes, Mid Caps are leading the way this year, as you can see in the graphic below.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read today's World Wrap. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.