Stocks had a tough week last week as Developed Europe took a hit (down 3.5%). A few of the other highlights from last week's market actions include:
- The US continues to remain strong compared to most developed countries, up 11.4% this year.
- Germany leads the G7 countries, up 15.1% in 2012, with the US closely behind.
- Though the BRICs are up anywhere from 10-20% this year, they are still down big over the last one year.
- Technology remains on top for US sectors, up 21.2%, with Financials in close second, up 19.14%. On the other hand, Telecom and Utilities are negative for the year, down 0.4% and 3.1%, respectively.
- Natural Gas continues its rough year, down 33.6% in 2012.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read today's World Wrap. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.