It was a rough week across the board last week...
- Global stocks were down 2.3% last week, with the US down 2.5% and the rest of the world down 2.1%.
- Emerging markets as a whole were down less than a percent last week; however, Russia was down over 6%, India was down over 3% and Brazil was down 4%.
- Developed European countries took a big hit last week, with Italy down almost 7%, Germany down just over 5%, and France down around 4%.
- Financials, Technology and Consumer Discretion continue to lead the US sectors for 2012 each up over 15% this year. (The next best sector, Industrials, is up just over 7% for the year.)
- Commodities took a huge hit last week, down 4.5%, which leaves the GSCI basket up only half a percent for the year.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read today's World Wrap. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.