As we began the third quarter of 2012 last week, here's where the major asset classes stand for the year.
Some of the highlights from global markets that we've taken note of recently include:
- The US continues to trounce the World, up 7.7% this year versus the World's return of 3.9%.
- The World x US is up 0.9% for the year, with Emerging Markets up 3.2%.
- Emerging Europe was down 4.5% last week, taking it into negative territory for the year, down 0.2%.
- Egypt continues to lead the countries we follow, up 5.7% last week and 39.7% for the year.
- Telecom, Consumer Discretion, Technology and Financials have a solid lead over the rest of the US sectors, while Energy continues to be a laggard for the year - currently the only negative sector.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read our recent reports. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.