It was a great week for International Markets last week:
- Emerging Markets had an especially good week, up 2.8%.
- Asia was notable, up 3.3% last week.
- Emerging Europe, on the other hand, was down a whopping 4.5%.
- The BRICs have staged a comeback - India is now up 9.4% this year, China and Russia are both up over 4%, and Brazil has made up huge deficits and is now only down 2.9% for the year.
The World x US is now up 4.7% for 2012, after rising 2.1% last week. However, the US is still leading many international markets, up 11.7% for the year. Here at home:
- Telecom and Technology remain on top of the US sectors, each up over 17% this year.
- On the other hand, Utilities and Energy continue to lag, each only up around 4%.
- Large Growth continues to lead the style boxes, up 12.6% for the year, while Small Value lags, up only 8.5%. (See graphic below).
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read our recent reports. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.