Real Estate continues to lead the major asset classes, with a total return of 17.56% this year, while US Stocks are in second, with a total return of 14.31%.
Stocks around the world were somewhat mixed last week:
- The World was up 0.7% last week, with the US up 0.5% and the World x US up 0.9%.
- Emerging Markets were down 0.8% last week, with Emerging Europe the worst down 4.5%.
- Developed Europe was up 0.9% last week, with Italy up 3.5%, France up 1.4%, and Germany up 1.3%.
- Technology moved ahead of Telecom last week in the US sector space after rising 2.3%. Technology now sits up 20.3% in 2012, with Telecom up 18.5%.
- Energy is no longer in last place for the year, as Utilities dropped 1.5% last week leaving it up only 2.4% for the year, while Energy is now up 3.9% in 2012.
- Large Cap Growth continues to be the style box leading in the US this year, up 13.9%; however, Mid Cap Value has dropped below Small Cap Value as the laggard for the year, up 10.6%.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read our recent reports. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.