For the first time since May, all risk assets are beating Fixed Income, which you can see in the chart below.
- Real Estate is winning out so far this year, with US stocks right behind. International Stocks are struggling, while Commodities are hanging on by a thread.
- Africa leads the world regions we track, up 22.5% this year; however, it is a difficult place to invest.
- The US is dominating in second among the world regions, up 12.2% this year.
- The NASDAQ Composite is dominating the US markets this year, up 17.8%, while the S&P 500 is up 12.2% for the year.
- Growth sectors are rising to the top in the US for 2012 - Technology (+19.6%), Telecom (+17.2%), and Consumer Discretion (+16.1%), but the one thing that's missing in the US is the broad market, as the average stock is not even close to larger-weighted leaders of this year.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read our recent reports. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.