As the third quarter of 2012 came to a close on Friday, here's where the major asset classes sit year-to-date.
A few other highlights from markets around the globe include:
- The World was up very big in the 3rd quarter (+9.5%), while the US was up 8.5% and the World x US was up 10.4%.
- Emerging Markets were up 10.6% in Q3 and Frontier Markets were up 7.5%.
- Africa finished the quarter as the leading world region, up 24.3%, bringing it to 33.4% for the year.
- Germany had the best 3rd quarter of the G7s, up 21.3%.
- India was up 20% for Q3 bringing it to 23.6% for 2012.
- Brazil is still down over 5% for the year, even after being up 10.8% in Q3.
- Egypt continues to dominate the countries we follow, up 22.6% in Q3 and 61.9% for the year.
- In the US, Technology and Energy saw returns onver 10% for the quarter, and Telecom, Technology and Consumer Discretion are each up 20% or more for the year.
- The Dow Industrials were up 6.6% in Q3, while the Dow Transports were down 3.4%.
- Small Cap Value led the US style boxes for the quarter, up 9.6%; however, Large Cap Growth continues to lead for the year, up 15.3%.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read our recent reports. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.