US Stocks & Real Estate are fighting it out for the best returns this year, Commodities are just fighting to break even for the year, and Fixed Income & International Stocks are somewhere in the between.
Some other highlights from around the globe this past week include:
- The World is up 9.7% for the year, with the US up 12.3% and the World x US up 7.6%.
- Africa is the only world region we track ahead of the US for 2012, up 38.6%.
- Egypt is the top performing country we track, up 59.8%, and Kenya is in second, up 47.3%.
- Though countries like Germany (+18.4%) & India (+19.7%) are having great years, the most consistent established stock market since 2009 has been the US.
- Here in the US, Financials, Consumer Discretion and Healthcare lead all US sectors year-to-date, while Basic Materials, Energy and Utilities are the worst performing US sectors.
- Looking at the US style boxes, Large Caps are beating Small Caps this year.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read our recent reports. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.