The first week of the 4th quarter was fairly tame with the World up 1.6% and the World x US (+1.8%) slightly outpacing the US (+1.4%). A few other highlights from around the world last week include:
- Developed Europe was up 3.6% last week, while Asia was flat.
- Germany, France and Italy were all up over 4% last week, with Italy up over 6%.
- Germany is now up over 22% this year, beating out the US for best G7 country returns.
- Over the last one year, four US sectors are all up over 30% - Financials, Telecom, Consumer Discretion and Healthcare.
- Looking at styles, Large Cap Growth is beating Small Cap Growth by over 4% for the year at this time, which you can see in the graphic below.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read our recent reports. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.