Stocks around the world were basically flat last week, with the World up only 0.6%.
- Most of the World's returns last week came from the international markets, with the World x US up 0.8%, while US stocks were only up 0.2%.
- Germany was the only G7 up over 1% last week and it continues to lead the group for the year, up 20%.
- The BRICs saw varied performance last week, with China leading the pack,up 4%, and Russia lagging the group, down 0.6%.
- Financials continue to lead the US sectors, up 22.8% in 2012, with Consumer Discretion right behind, up 19.3%.
- Looking at the US style boxes, Large Cap Value continues to lead, up 13% this year, while Small Cap Growth lags the pack, up 9.3% (see graphic below).
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read our recent reports. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.