Markets around the globe were up last week as The World rose 3.9%.
- The US contributed a gain of 3.6% last week, while The World x US was up 4.2%. Emerging Markets also rose, closing the week up 2.7%.
- France, Germany and Italy led the G7s last week, each up just over 7%.
- India was flat last week; however, the remaining BRICs were all up 2.8% or more. However, India continues to lead the group for the year, up 16%.
- Financials continue to lead the US sectors, up 21.5% this year, with Consumer Discretion just behind, up 20.8%. Utilities remain in negative territory, down 5.9%.
- Looking at the US style boxes (see graphic below), Mid Cap Growth has emerged as the leader, up 13.6% this year.
Keith Hays & Justin Wood
If you are a subscriber to HaysAdvisory.com, click here to read our recent reports. If you would like to learn more about the research and commentary offered by Hays Advisory, click here.
Please see important disclosures at the bottom of this page.